




Today we went to Nathan's first screen test for a TV commercial. The commercial will be for Baltimore-Washington Medical Center and will air in that area. They will have a number of babies in baby-sized paper airplanes.
We arrived and there were about 5 in our group - after waiting in a cold warehouse like studio area they finally took 3 of us back. Nathan was #3! The first baby was his age and they had them sit in a clothes basket and filmed them from all angles. The first baby was fast and she was out of there. The second one was 18 months and was not having anything to do with the basket. She cried every time they sat her in it. I walked away from the crying action because I didn't want Nathan to be upset about it. Then quickly came and got me to let Nathan show the other little girl it was okay (it didn't happen - even later she was still crying so she was let go).
Nathan was great!!! He sat in the basket. I had some toys to distract him and make him look up, but he was really okay just looking at the video camera and that guy. He looked all around and smiled and laughed some until he almost fell back. It was not his full laugh and smiles - but good enough for this! The videographer asked me how old Nathan was. I then grabbed my camera and asked if I could snap a few photos (above) and they said it was fine. Then the guy started talking about Nathan's hair! The color and the amount - and asked me again how old he was! He said Nathan looked like a pilot! From there the woman running the show asked if there was anything else he wanted to see from Nathan and he asked to do a single shot of him out of the basket. He noted how well Nathan sat up. Of course Nathan was great again smiling and loving the attention. They did not do this with the kid before him.
We won't hear until Monday (at the earliest)if he was chosen - but I know we couldn't have asked for Nathan to be any more perfect, so he did his best and it was fun and exciting. Now we'll just wait to see if he's what they were looking for.

2 comments:
That's awesome! What a great experience....I hope he gets chosen.
That sounds *extremely* positive. It honestly sounds like he is a STRONG CONTENDER.
And you know what is so cool!??!!? Because we're close to DC we might actually get to see the REAL COMMERCIAL!!!!!!
Wheeee!!!
Post a Comment