Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stephanie's Visit, Bananas, Avocados and Stardom!








We have been very busy and have much to report! First of all Stephanie (Carroll from Hampton, SC) arrived Thursday, 11-13, for a long weekend visit. Thursday we didn't do too much but get settled in and grab some dinner.
Friday we awoke to snow! We were thankful that the rain had turned into snow so we were able to take Nathan with us for the day. We started Friday with a Starbucks run and a tour of the Denver Mint. From there we headed to the CO State Capital and then to lunch on the 16th Street Mall at the Cheesecake Factory. Nathan could not have been any better! We had him bundled up in a little snow suit and besides his face, he wouldn't have even know it was cold outside. From there we headed north and took the Hammonds Candy tour. It was about 3pm when we were done with all of this and exhausted so we drug ourselves on home. We rested briefly and then Stephanie and I went to a concert at the Gothic Theater where we saw: Adam Ford, Newton Faulkner and Ingrid Michaelson. I wasn't familiar with any of the three, but ended up loving Newton Faulkner - Stephanie was a big fan of Ingrid's. Deliriously I drove home and collapsed in bed - this was hours after my bedtime and my body knew it!
Saturday the four of us got up and went to breakfast before heading to Vail. We spent most of the day in Vail and Nathan had his first organic, maple teething cracker. He loved it. We had started him on organic bananas earlier in the week, but he wasn't as sold on those as he was this cracker. He made a mess - but it was okay. We ate at the Blue Moose and it was pretty yummy too! :)
Sunday I took Stephanie to the airport and said goodbye. I returned home and Jason had a cold - so we took the rest of the day easy.
Last week our JWU marketing coordinator passed on an email from an agency looking for cute babies for a TV commercial. He and I picked what we thought was the best representation of Nathan (picture) and emailed it in. Monday he was called for a 'casting call' - TWICE! We see it as wonderful that he was even called and we would be thrilled if he was chosen! The audition will be Thursday and if he gets picked we should know before the weekend - and the commercial will be filmed 12/3. So keep your fingers crossed for Nathan! Probably more exciting to him, he had organic avocados last night and didn't seem to mind them at all. I'm so glad since they are SO GOOD for him! He'll eat those the rest of the week and then I'm going to try bananas again!
Will keep you posted about this Thursday!

1 comment:

DuBose Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.