Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving






On Wednesday, November 21st Jason and I left Colorado under a blanket of snow and arrived in South Carolina. That evening we had dinner with Jim & Wanda and Melissa, Dylan and Ted and then spent the night in Aiken with Melissa.

Thanksgiving was at Melissa's house with the Holberts, the Moles, the DeWitts, Aunt Lil, Ted and his mother Mrs. Darby. From there we headed to Allendale for the night. Cody, Amy, Terry & Aunt Lil also stayed with us.

Friday morning we got up and headed to Terry's house in Estill. From there with Dad as our tour guide we headed to the Mole stomping ground and farm. We ended up at Jimmy & Tammy Mole's house and then their son, James & Sherry's house.

Saturday we had to take Aunt Lil back to Generations and then straight to a BBQ that Wanda and Jim had arranged for us in Orangeburg. There were 53 friends and family that came so we got to see a lot of people. We also visited Jason's grandmother Vernelle that afternoon. Then came the big Carolina-Clemson game that we won't go into detail about. That night we stayed with Jim & Wanda in St. Matthews.

Sunday we went to church with Jim and Wanda and then to Columbia for lunch. At the restaurant I saw a man that I worked with at the movie theater 100 years ago! What a small world. They dropped us off at the airport for our long journey home. Our last flight was quite delayed but we made it home safely.......to pick up sick dogs from the kennel! I guess you can't have everything go smoothly!

I can't tell you how much it meant for us to see everyone when we were home - I had not been home for a year and a half and for Jason it had been 21 months. Our next trip will be when we have our little one to show off!
There were so many great pictures.....but only so many will fit!


No comments: