Monday, November 5, 2007

Goldilocks at 12 weeks!

So I am now too "fluffy" for my regular clothes and not quite big enough for most of the maternity clothes. So most of the time I feel like I'm in someone else's clothes - playing Goldilocks - this one is too big, this one is too small, where is my just right? And then it dawns on me that I will eventually be big enough to fit into these maternity clothes - and may outgrow some of them!

We are now at 12 weeks and I am feeling better each week. I don't seem to be as tired, but still get tired if I over do it. I'm only getting sick about once a week, but the hormonal headaches have become more frequent. I have found little tricks to keep from getting nauseous that seem to be working.



On Halloween I saw my doctor and heard the baby's heart beat again! She said that by 14-16 weeks most of these yuck side effects will stop and I will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving foods with gusto! When I was told that I had gained a total of 2 lbs I indicated my stomach and asked her what all that was then. She and the nurse got a big laugh out of that - and said that by my next appointment I will most likely double that little bump's size.

We will be flying to SC for Thanksgiving and thank goodness I have been given the okay to take Dramamine! Attached you will see me at 12 weeks in a top from my president, Bette.

I would like to add that as I am increasing in size, Jason is getting smaller. He is 6 feet tall and solid. He can now pull is 34" jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping. We figured out that I quit cooking a few months back - so he's had to fend for himself. I guess this will change as I have slowly started contributing to dinner time again. I'm not into skinny guys - or guys smaller than me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the T-shirt! Wow, you are so much more organized at this than I was... great job with the documentation. Alexa

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes, you will outgrow the maternity clothes! Just when you think you can't get bigger, you do. Well, I did anyway... but that might have been thanks to the bowl of ice cream every day!!! Alexa

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Maternity clothes will be a must in a few months. Believe me you're going to hate them I do.
Don't worry the weight gain is coming, I'm so afraid to step on the scale to see how much weight I've gained so far and I still have two months or 11 weeks to delivery. I just hope I'm able to enjoy Thanksgiving because the morning sickness and heartburn might get in the way...