Monday, October 27, 2008

Week from H E - Double Hockey sticks!!!

We had a very rough week last week, so we are looking for this week to be great!
Monday was not so bad. I signed up to be an Avon representative and Jason went to his Masonic meeting.
Tuesday when Jason picked up Nathan from daycare he was informed there was an "incident". Nathan was fed 5 ounces of another mother's breast milk! When Jason got to the parking lot he called me and I went into action mode. I called the pediatrician, poison control and my lactation consultant. The pediatrician was the one that was useful in this situation. I also made some calls to have people saying prayers for Nathan after I got the information from the nurse.
Basically anything that can be passed through bodily fluids can be passed through breast milk! So I was advised to get the "donor" mother's name and plead with her mother-to-mother to submit blood tests to Nathan's doctor. All I can say is thank goodness she did and she was healthy! We got those result Wednesday morning - so you can imagine the crying and worry and praying that went on until that time! If she had not - we would have had to submit Nathan to an array of blood tests and keep doing so as some things would not have shown up immediately. We kept him out Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
We had a meeting with the daycare director and owner Thursday afternoon. They had already reported themselves and were having an inspection the following day. We met with them and expressed our concerns and what we wanted to see change so that this would never happen again - it was the first time ever at that daycare. The response we got allowed us to feel comfortable returning him there on Monday. They asked for a copy of my suggestions and ideas and will be implementing several of them. They would also like for me to come and speak to their staff and show the emotional side of what I went through so that they understand how very important it is for them to never make this mistake again.
If that was not enough.....Jason came down with a GI virus Thursday morning - which I got by that evening and may have given it back to him Friday or Saturday as he got a re-lapse and I got over it. GI virus = 48 hour stomach virus. Nathan got a small dose of it, but the nurse did tell us that it would be different in him. He's fine now too. And finally - Jason's work truck was burglarized and his work digital camera (with all the work photos) was stolen. We are looking for this week to be better. :)

2 comments:

seastar217 said...

Oh my - what a horrible week - hopefully some wonderful Halloween memories were created dispite the craziness. Sounds like it was handled with true Southern class - wouldn't expect anything less :)

M

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan and Jason, those pics were so cute, I actually got Dad up at 12:58AM to look at the beautiful blue eyes and the precious drull coming down Nathan's chin! Oh yes, I love your new hair style, you look so healthy again and it becomes you! Loved the pics with Jason and Nathan and also you and Nathan! Keep them coming! Nathan is precious! Love to All, MeMa in SC.