Monday, October 6, 2008

Holbert visit, wedding, dedication, etc.








Nathan stayed home with Grandma and Poppa Monday. I have been blessed with wonderful in-laws and grandparents for Nathan - I could not have asked for better.

They arrived Saturday morning and after Nathan and Jason picked them up we headed straight to Estes Park for Chris (real estate agent) and Susan's wedding. We had to hike about 10 minutes UP! I started with Nathan and about 1/2 way had to give him to Jason because I thought I was having a heart attack - turned out it was asthma! I got up there and still could not breathe, I was wheezing and coughing. This did not go away until 3 hours later when I got home and used my inhaler. Well on the way to Estes Wanda got car sick and had to stop to throw up! Then we about killed both of them taking them straight into high elevation and hiking! Wedding was very informal and simple - they have been together for almost 22 years - very beautiful and sweet.

Then we headed back home and got ready for Nathan's dedication. Everyone from our home group showed up to support us - it meant so much to us! Then we all went out to eat afterwards. It was a long day - especially for Jim & Wanda who got up at 1am ET!

Sunday we slept in and went to a later breakfast - (not quite late). Then Jim & Jason went golfing and Wanda, Nathan and I went shopping. She brought me and bought me a few tops. We skipped lunch and had an early dinner and Ci-Ci's pizza.

Monday Wanda put a ham in the crock pot and make corn on the cob, deviled eggs, Le Seur peas, rolls and banana pudding of course! Nanny and cook - I could learn to love this! We won't talk about how they didn't lock themselves out of the house!

Monday I left work at noon to pick up Wanda and Nathan to go to breast feeding group. Nathan weighed 15 pounds 13.7 ounces. We discovered that he is cutting his top eye teeth first! This is very unusual but as the LC said, "Nathan can't be ordinary!" She also said he was ready for cereal - so we'll start that this weekend I guess.

It's so nice having a live-in Grandnanny! Nathan just loves them. He's been giving them his special kisses all weekend and has smiled and laughed all weekend. I'm so thankful he's easy going and not clingy to us - so they can enjoy him too.

Until next week!

No comments: