


Pictures: First pictures of Nathan naked! Then Nathan drooling in his swing, not sure he's happy in the swing and finally laughing! There are rarely dull moments anymore! Friday and Monday I worked making student ID's for new and returning students. Sunday I was at a location for our "Urban Safari" handing out clues to the next location - this was done to help our new students learn about a few hot spots in Denver.
Friday while I was working check-in I got a call from daycare that Nathan was cranky and that his right testicle was swollen and larger than the left - no I'm not kidding. So I called the nurse and she said the swelling could be anything from a hernia to fluid - but since he was grumpy to bring him in. So in the cold and drizzle I took Nathan to a 5:15pm appointment where I saw the nurse, the physician assistant, the nurse again, the physician assistant again and a pediatrician we'd not seen before. An hour and a half later the verdict was that Nathan was fine. He had what was called "hydra seal" and it was so slight they were amazed the daycare noticed it - I don't know that I would have! Also the testicles were fine.....the scrotum was a little swollen. The tubes that the testicles descend from seal off around 6-9 months, until then fluid can get into the scrotum - this is what happened. Nathan was very patient as everyone listened to his chest and back, took his blood oxygen levels, looked in his ears, nose & throat and DIAPER! Oh - he weighed 14.14 - so not as heavy as I thought he was.
Saturday was still chilly and Jason was still getting over his cold. We spent most of the day around the house catching up on some cleaning and organizing and of course spending time with Nathan!
Sunday Jason took Nathan to his first Mason's breakfast at 7am. Mommy fed him and then slept in while they were gone! Jason said Nathan could not have been any better or any cuter. He let the men hold him and smiled at them. He cuddled into them playing shy - and when the food came Jason put him in his car seat and he went to sleep! I'm not sure it would happen this perfectly for me.....but I'm glad that Daddy got to show off his big boy! That afternoon I went to work (see above) and Nathan and Daddy spent several hours together playing and doing boy stuff - especially since Nathan didn't want to be put down most of the day and didn't really sleep again until later!
Last night when Jason went to his Mason meeting I got my one on one time with Nathan! :)
This week we are counting down to a visit from my good friend, Karen, from Columbia, SC. You'll have to log on next week to see all the fun things we planned!
Friday while I was working check-in I got a call from daycare that Nathan was cranky and that his right testicle was swollen and larger than the left - no I'm not kidding. So I called the nurse and she said the swelling could be anything from a hernia to fluid - but since he was grumpy to bring him in. So in the cold and drizzle I took Nathan to a 5:15pm appointment where I saw the nurse, the physician assistant, the nurse again, the physician assistant again and a pediatrician we'd not seen before. An hour and a half later the verdict was that Nathan was fine. He had what was called "hydra seal" and it was so slight they were amazed the daycare noticed it - I don't know that I would have! Also the testicles were fine.....the scrotum was a little swollen. The tubes that the testicles descend from seal off around 6-9 months, until then fluid can get into the scrotum - this is what happened. Nathan was very patient as everyone listened to his chest and back, took his blood oxygen levels, looked in his ears, nose & throat and DIAPER! Oh - he weighed 14.14 - so not as heavy as I thought he was.
Saturday was still chilly and Jason was still getting over his cold. We spent most of the day around the house catching up on some cleaning and organizing and of course spending time with Nathan!
Sunday Jason took Nathan to his first Mason's breakfast at 7am. Mommy fed him and then slept in while they were gone! Jason said Nathan could not have been any better or any cuter. He let the men hold him and smiled at them. He cuddled into them playing shy - and when the food came Jason put him in his car seat and he went to sleep! I'm not sure it would happen this perfectly for me.....but I'm glad that Daddy got to show off his big boy! That afternoon I went to work (see above) and Nathan and Daddy spent several hours together playing and doing boy stuff - especially since Nathan didn't want to be put down most of the day and didn't really sleep again until later!
Last night when Jason went to his Mason meeting I got my one on one time with Nathan! :)
This week we are counting down to a visit from my good friend, Karen, from Columbia, SC. You'll have to log on next week to see all the fun things we planned!

No comments:
Post a Comment