




If any of you have seen Spamalot, there is a character named "Not Dead Fred". Well that is our Trevor dog. Trevor is over 14 years old. He is a large, Spaniel mutt that has arthritis, a hip put together with fishing line, cataracts and zero energy. This dog barely moves and when he sleeps with his eyes open we have to check to make sure he's breathing to know he's still alive! Well last Wednesday he started having bloody diarrhea accidents. So we took him to the vet and he has a parasite - but besides that he's in great health considering his age and could live years longer! We will not know until Monday however if this parasite is contagious - to our other dog and to us! So we spent the weekend doing some insane cleaning since there was a possibility that if it's contagious it could even be airborne! Nice right? So the dogs are currently living outside in separate areas and our house is super clean. It's nice actually. Anyone want a dog or two? Free to a good home!
UPDATE: Trevor does not have a parasite or Gerardia - good news is that he was never contagious. Bad side - we don't know what caused his symptoms.
Nathan and I spent a lot of time together this weekend since Jason has been having some troubles with his back. Nathan is so much fun and I love discovering new things he likes - like being held upside down or bouncing! His laugh and smile are worth my jello arms! :) He can now flip from back to stomach while swaddled - and then he's stuck because his arms are pinned down. Saturday when we thought he was napping in his crib I came in to find him unwrapped, turned sideways and tap dancing on his crib railings and the wall behind them - happy as can be!
This past week we received two boxes of clothes from Grandma (and a suitcase full to come this weekend) and a box from Me-Ma. I was a little overwhelmed by clothes. He now has a full closet since I still have the summer things hanging for our warmer days. I'll have to get in there soon and weed out the things he's outgrown.
Monday I will bring my milk donation to 220 ounces and Thursday Nathan will turn 5 months old! We will have a baby dedication service Saturday. Where does the time go? Grandma Wanda and Poppa Jim arrive Saturday for a long weekend stay! We can't wait to see them - and for them to see how much Nathan has grown in the last 3 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment