


This week is not only our 36th week but a very busy week for us in other aspects.
First an update on the weekend. I am large and miserable. I feel like the baby is going to fall out the bottom of my stomach when I stand and walk. I also have pressure in my groin region. All this leads me to believe that he is dropping and getting in the position to be birthed - in a few weeks. My back hurts everyday but my ankles aren't swelling as bad since I have increased my fluid intake and started wearing comfy, supportive, FLATS to work. I can still tell I have fluid retention though. I have been told I don't look like I have a month in me - maybe 2 weeks. I just want to make it into May for Wanda's sake - she doesn't want another "stupid diamond birthstone" - so we're going for the emerald!
We went to (most likely) our last movie before the baby with friends, Chris and Susan, on Saturday and attended Jackson Tracy's Christening party on Sunday. We also cleaned our recliner and moved it to the nursery and purchased a bedside table for lamp, monitor and CD player. I don't see how the nursery can get any more ready. Two things left on the list this week - getting measured for the sexy nursing bras and having the car seats installed, but I now have them scheduled. Then I have to work on childcare and a pediatrician! It never ends!! :)
Monday, April 14th, Jason was inducted into the Free Mason's. He was sworn in on his Grandfather's Bible and can begin his studies to become a 3rd degree Mason. This is something he has been working on with the CO Mason's since July/August of last year. He was accepted the first of the year - but so were many others that it is just now finally his turn for induction. The lodge he is joining has the youngest members in the state and just won the National Lodge Award - so a great place to be. He will now have plenty of excuses to wear his kilt and his tux for formal events!
Tuesday, April 15th, is the start of the weekly OB appointments followed by home group! Saw another new doctor and he said baby boy was definitely head down and ready to go. My pelvis ligaments are loosening to help with the descent, but it also loosens the back ligaments so I don't have the support in my back which leads to backaches! He also thought the baby was around 5.5-6 pounds. Again he said I was measuring perfectly for where I am in the pregnancy. I am consistently gaining a pound a week now. Four more weeks until my due date.
Wednesday, April 16th, Jason is having scaling cleaning done and a wisdom tooth extracted. Everything went well and they sent him home with gauze only - no real instructions and no pain medication! He was back at work the next day on extra strength Tylenol. Oh - and it snowed again.
First an update on the weekend. I am large and miserable. I feel like the baby is going to fall out the bottom of my stomach when I stand and walk. I also have pressure in my groin region. All this leads me to believe that he is dropping and getting in the position to be birthed - in a few weeks. My back hurts everyday but my ankles aren't swelling as bad since I have increased my fluid intake and started wearing comfy, supportive, FLATS to work. I can still tell I have fluid retention though. I have been told I don't look like I have a month in me - maybe 2 weeks. I just want to make it into May for Wanda's sake - she doesn't want another "stupid diamond birthstone" - so we're going for the emerald!
We went to (most likely) our last movie before the baby with friends, Chris and Susan, on Saturday and attended Jackson Tracy's Christening party on Sunday. We also cleaned our recliner and moved it to the nursery and purchased a bedside table for lamp, monitor and CD player. I don't see how the nursery can get any more ready. Two things left on the list this week - getting measured for the sexy nursing bras and having the car seats installed, but I now have them scheduled. Then I have to work on childcare and a pediatrician! It never ends!! :)
Monday, April 14th, Jason was inducted into the Free Mason's. He was sworn in on his Grandfather's Bible and can begin his studies to become a 3rd degree Mason. This is something he has been working on with the CO Mason's since July/August of last year. He was accepted the first of the year - but so were many others that it is just now finally his turn for induction. The lodge he is joining has the youngest members in the state and just won the National Lodge Award - so a great place to be. He will now have plenty of excuses to wear his kilt and his tux for formal events!
Tuesday, April 15th, is the start of the weekly OB appointments followed by home group! Saw another new doctor and he said baby boy was definitely head down and ready to go. My pelvis ligaments are loosening to help with the descent, but it also loosens the back ligaments so I don't have the support in my back which leads to backaches! He also thought the baby was around 5.5-6 pounds. Again he said I was measuring perfectly for where I am in the pregnancy. I am consistently gaining a pound a week now. Four more weeks until my due date.
Wednesday, April 16th, Jason is having scaling cleaning done and a wisdom tooth extracted. Everything went well and they sent him home with gauze only - no real instructions and no pain medication! He was back at work the next day on extra strength Tylenol. Oh - and it snowed again.
Thursday was awesome becuase we didn't have anything but work and home!
Friday, April 18th, Jason goes back to the lodge for a follow-up meeting.
Saturday, April 19th, BREAST FEEDING CLASS - woo-hoo! Jason has turned down my offer for him to join me on this one. We are also getting instructions/installation of our car seats into our two Jeeps! One more thing off the list!
Friday, April 18th, Jason goes back to the lodge for a follow-up meeting.
Saturday, April 19th, BREAST FEEDING CLASS - woo-hoo! Jason has turned down my offer for him to join me on this one. We are also getting instructions/installation of our car seats into our two Jeeps! One more thing off the list!

No comments:
Post a Comment