Good morning everyone. It is currently 2:45am and I have been instructed by the OB on call to walk and stand. So I'm standing and typing!
Yesterday I had contractions throughout the day. After about 12/1pm they were pretty constant (but not consistent) and when I finally went to bed I was in a mild amount of pain. So at 1am I got up to go to the bathroom - stop reading now if you are squeamish! Remember this is a blog about my pregnancy, birth and then the baby. So, you're still here. OK- at 1am everything was fine and I didn't have any cramping/labor pains. At 2:15am I coughed and felt like a bubble, coughed again - another bubble. I went to the bathroom again and turned on the light this time. I had some leakage in my pj's, but it had not been enough for me to notice. And then came the slime. I had all this clear mucus slime coming out of me.....not the bloody mucus plug I had read about and not the clear fluids.
At this time I woke Jason up and we called the on-call doctor. Apparently mucus plugs can come out clear and I have been instructed to put on a sanitary napkin and walk around to see if it becomes "soaked". So far no soaking - so it must have been the mucus plug.
Looks like I had contractions all day yesterday to deliver slime tonight!
Will keep you posted!
-

No comments:
Post a Comment