Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What did I eat?!? Braxton-Hicks

So last night I experienced my first Braxton-Hicks contractions. They woke me up at 3:30am and all I could think was that I had a stomach ache and what did I eat that disagreed with me? Did I have to go to the bathroom? Then they eased off and I got relief......only to get another wave of pain. What was going on? So in my sleep daze this goes on for a few minutes before I think to look at the clock - they are coming about ever 3-4 minutes. The pain was so intense sometimes that it would make me nauseous and when I finally got up to empty my bladder to reduce the pressure I threw up! Thirty to 45 minutes have passed at this point and I get out my book with a comparison of Braxton-Hicks and the real thing. When I turned on the light I woke poor Jason up who proceeded to freak out when I told him I was having contractions but not to worry about it and go back to sleep. I started timing them and writing down when they started and ended. I was finally able to reassure him that instead of getting closer together they were getting further apart and he went back to sleep. Eventually they got milder and more wide spread that I was able to start drifting off in between them and finally I went completely back to sleep until morning. Things still feel crampy today - but I'm hoping that will wear off as the day progresses.

I had no idea they could come this early, but they can! Here I am waiting to feel a little flutter again or the baby start to move and kick....and I just jump ahead to the pain! Guess they will toughen me up for what is in store. All I can say is get a puke pan for labor & delivery!

No comments: