Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sick Baby :(



So yesterday daycare called and Nathan was not his normal laid-back, happy self. He had been fussy and needed to be held, wasn't eating well, had diarrhea and vomiting and they were concerned. So I called the pediatrician - talked to the nurse - and made an appointment. I picked him up and Jason and I took him to the doctor. He has the start (very mild) of an ear infection in his left ear and some sort of viral bug that causes the diarrhea and vomiting. (He's been congested for 10 days - that could be related to the ear infection.) The doctor put him on a very mild antibiotic for the ear infection that should not hurt his stomach any more. He can also have Tylenol as needed when he gets fussy (or feels bad). He started the three day antibiotic last night. He was already feeling better and smiling last night before bed.
This morning he had no fever and was all smiles. Jenn at daycare said they would take him so he is there today. If he start to feeling bad they will call me and I'll go get him of course.
I'm very thankful that his first sickness crept in like a kitten and not a lion. I would have freaked if he'd had a high temp or screaming and I had to take him to the emergency room in the middle of the night. This was less stressful the way it happened and he should be on the road to recovery soon.

No comments: