Yesterday I had my monthly check-up and baby boy looks perfect. I have gained 15 lbs to date and already feel huge. I was told it's only going to get worse.....
After my blood sugar episode my OB decided to move my glucose test up about 4 weeks, so I had it this morning. Contrary to what the nurse I saw last week told me, the very low low could be a sign that my blood sugar is going up and down all day - and could be hypoglycemia or gestational diabetes. I should get the results back on Monday - so please say a prayer that it is not gestational diabetes!
My OB also suggested that I make an appointment with my pulmonary specialist at this point since 1) it's getting colder, 2) I'm getting bigger and 3) I've already had two colds and have kept a nasty cough from the last one. So I guess I'll be seeing that doctor in the next few weeks.
On a brighter note....Jason has finished tiling and painting the baby's bathroom. He will now move on to painting the actual nursery and then I get to move in and decorate. I cannot wait! It's going to be one more step that makes this prenatal journey more real! I plan to post pictures next week of the finished projects.
Photo is of me at 24 weeks!
Glucose Test Update: My test came back fine.....my iron is low so I'll have to take an iron supplement, but at least I don't have to worry about diabetes!!!
After my blood sugar episode my OB decided to move my glucose test up about 4 weeks, so I had it this morning. Contrary to what the nurse I saw last week told me, the very low low could be a sign that my blood sugar is going up and down all day - and could be hypoglycemia or gestational diabetes. I should get the results back on Monday - so please say a prayer that it is not gestational diabetes!
My OB also suggested that I make an appointment with my pulmonary specialist at this point since 1) it's getting colder, 2) I'm getting bigger and 3) I've already had two colds and have kept a nasty cough from the last one. So I guess I'll be seeing that doctor in the next few weeks.
On a brighter note....Jason has finished tiling and painting the baby's bathroom. He will now move on to painting the actual nursery and then I get to move in and decorate. I cannot wait! It's going to be one more step that makes this prenatal journey more real! I plan to post pictures next week of the finished projects.
Photo is of me at 24 weeks!
Glucose Test Update: My test came back fine.....my iron is low so I'll have to take an iron supplement, but at least I don't have to worry about diabetes!!!

2 comments:
You look so cute. I think that this was around the same time that I "popped".
I am so glad that Dad and I can actually see you and Jason and your progress as you become big and he becomes Scottish/Mason!
The baby nursery is so cute, can't wait to actually see it for myself! (Also you!) Thanks for thinking of us and sharing with us all! Keep it coming! LOL, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment