Monday, January 14, 2008

Our baby has a sweet tooth!




This baby is certainly going to take after his dad and Grandmomma Wanda with his sweet tooth! Monday morning around 9:30ish after a breakfast of frosted Cheerios and milk I started feeling awful. I got really hot, heart was racing and felt like I may faint or black out. I tried putting my head between my knees and finally walked out in the 30 degree weather to cool off. My ears were ringing and my arms felt heavy and weak. I laid down on our office couch a minute and felt some better until I had to sit back up. I was feeling lethargic and wondering if I should go home, call my doctor or tough it out. I knew I could not drive home so on Bette's suggestion I staggered over to our health services to get my blood pressure checked. It was as great as ever but the nurse suggested that we check my blood sugar while she had me there. That was the culprit! My sugar was 40.....after having eaten. To put this in perspective, 60 is low for people who have fasted. So I had to eat a pack of crackers and drink a juice and it was checked again. It rose to 65 which is better and she let me go. She wants me to come back tomorrow to have it checked if I feel weird and then to let my doctor know when I see her next week.


Last week I had some of these symptoms but much milder and thought it was just pregnancy! The nurse wants me to eat sugary things today and add fruit or juice to my morning meal and make sure to eat snacks. I guess I won't be taking after my mother and will have no problem with my diabetes testing in a few weeks!


Mom & I decided that this is Jason's son and he wanted a Snickers and a Mountain Dew for breakfast instead of plain old cereal!


We are starting week 23/40!

No comments: