Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week before Christmas!




Where to start.....last week was so busy followed by a busy weekend! We're hoping that this week won't be as bad and we'll have some time to breathe before we fly home next week for Christmas.
Last Friday Nathan and I attended our first Avalanche hockey game, with Jason, Michael and Rebecca. Nathan did so well we had the people behind us and beside us commenting on how good he was. The only part he didn't like were the air horns they sounded when we made a goal. Those actually made him cry but by the time the music stopped and the crowd calmed down we had him calmed down so no one even knew he was distressed. I had my camera with me.....but did I take one picture? NO! I forgot about it.
Saturday was full of running errands and doing things around the house to get ready for next week. That night it snowed and Sunday we woke up to a white world! We headed to the Natural Grocers that day and made homemade baby food, to put in the freezer, for a good part of the day. Nathan is now set for a while on frozen and fresh foods. I'm also making his (rice cereal) porridge now that he is old enough for it and plan to start him on yogurt this week once we get the okay from his doctor.
Sunday night we hit a Colorado record low of -21 degrees! As I was driving in to work on Monday it was -9 and at 2:30pm when I checked it again it was 1! Nathan and I went to our breastfeeding group holiday party and had a good time. Anytime that I get to get him early and spend some quality mommy time is a good time! He also LOVES our lactation specialist, Becky, and had some good lovin and smiles for her too. Tonight we are having our home group and will play a round of Chinese Christmas for our celebration!
I am now seeing a chiropractor/acupuncturist twice a week and am finally getting some relief from my (whole body) pain, headaches, jaw aches, etc! He's really good and looks at everything that is going on with your body (blood work) and not just your skeletal and muscular frame.
I don't know where the time has gone - I can't believe that next week is (Nathan's 1st) Christmas and a week from today we'll be flying out! I also can't believe that January 2nd Nathan will already be 8 months old! We're enjoying him so much I guess he's making the time seem to pass so quickly. He's such a sweetheart and we are so blessed to have him. Hope you all have a Merry week! :)

No comments: