




Where have the last 4 weeks gone?!?! It's been a blur of diaper, feedings and lack of sleep! The little 6 lb 2 oz Nathan that we brought home less than 4 weeks ago - that was too little for newborn clothes and diapers - is now 8 lbs 9 oz, in size 1 diapers and has been in newborn clothes for a week. He is so beautiful and it's not that I am biased at all. He looks different every day and that red hair goes from dark to strawberry to almost blonde! His complexion is darker than mine and Jason's! He has the best disposition and rarely cries for no reason. At 2.5 weeks old he flipped from his stomach to his back and started smiling. He is super strong and such a happy baby.
Over the last 4 weeks Me-Ma and Pa-Pa Mole spent 11 days with us helping me with Nathan and everyday things while I recovered from my C-section. I then had a day by myself before the arrival of Grandmama and Poppa Holbert that will be here for 10 days (they depart on June 1st). All 4 of them have been so helpful and I don't know what I would have done without them.
As far as the C-section recovery goes I'm doing great now. For the first 2 weeks I couldn't lift over 10 lbs, could only go up and down the stairs once a day and couldn't take Nathan when I did. These restrictions also cut out any pulling - such as pulling laundry from the washer or dryer. At the 2 week mark my stitches were healing great and I had lost 16 lbs. I now have no limitations on the stairs and am up to a 15 lb weight limit. I will go back on June 16th for my 6 week check-up.
Nathan has had 2 pediatrician appointments and we've seen Becky our lactation consultant 3 weeks out of 4. He has gotten great check-ups every time.
Breastfeeding has been going well. As you can see from his weight gain I have had no problem with milk production. With Becky's help we have gotten off to a good start. I was told that it would not be easy and it hasn't been, but it gets easier every day. He has had a few growth spurts where he wants to eat every 2 hours instead of every 3 (which means 1 hour between feedings than can last from 30 minutes to an hour). For the first weeks I had to set my alarm for every 3 hours during the night, but now I can let him sleep up to 6 hours - which he has yet to do. Five hours during the night was our longest stretch. I have also started pumping slowly so Jason will be able to give him a bottle soon.
We have also visited a daycare and we'll be looking at a few more. Even though I know I want to go back to work....12 weeks leave might not be enough time with this precious angel. It will be hard to leave him and deciding on a daycare is so final. We have had 5 visitors from JWU so I have been kept in the loop about the happenings on campus. When Nathan is 6 weeks old we'll start the outings and will head to campus to see everyone.
I hope to do better about keeping this up to date. Sorry for the long stretch and thank you to all of you who have checked for updates and asked when there would be an update!
Over the last 4 weeks Me-Ma and Pa-Pa Mole spent 11 days with us helping me with Nathan and everyday things while I recovered from my C-section. I then had a day by myself before the arrival of Grandmama and Poppa Holbert that will be here for 10 days (they depart on June 1st). All 4 of them have been so helpful and I don't know what I would have done without them.
As far as the C-section recovery goes I'm doing great now. For the first 2 weeks I couldn't lift over 10 lbs, could only go up and down the stairs once a day and couldn't take Nathan when I did. These restrictions also cut out any pulling - such as pulling laundry from the washer or dryer. At the 2 week mark my stitches were healing great and I had lost 16 lbs. I now have no limitations on the stairs and am up to a 15 lb weight limit. I will go back on June 16th for my 6 week check-up.
Nathan has had 2 pediatrician appointments and we've seen Becky our lactation consultant 3 weeks out of 4. He has gotten great check-ups every time.
Breastfeeding has been going well. As you can see from his weight gain I have had no problem with milk production. With Becky's help we have gotten off to a good start. I was told that it would not be easy and it hasn't been, but it gets easier every day. He has had a few growth spurts where he wants to eat every 2 hours instead of every 3 (which means 1 hour between feedings than can last from 30 minutes to an hour). For the first weeks I had to set my alarm for every 3 hours during the night, but now I can let him sleep up to 6 hours - which he has yet to do. Five hours during the night was our longest stretch. I have also started pumping slowly so Jason will be able to give him a bottle soon.
We have also visited a daycare and we'll be looking at a few more. Even though I know I want to go back to work....12 weeks leave might not be enough time with this precious angel. It will be hard to leave him and deciding on a daycare is so final. We have had 5 visitors from JWU so I have been kept in the loop about the happenings on campus. When Nathan is 6 weeks old we'll start the outings and will head to campus to see everyone.
I hope to do better about keeping this up to date. Sorry for the long stretch and thank you to all of you who have checked for updates and asked when there would be an update!

1 comment:
He is so precious! Enjoy every minute of your time with him as they grow up so fast. You will blink and he will be a 2 year old, believe me, I know!!
Post a Comment